This Charter is a declaration of our mission, values and Standards, and our commitment to
achieve excellence in the formulation and implementation of
Customs and Central Excise policies and procedures for the benefit
of the trade and industry, which are our partners in progress.
We shall carry out our tasks with
- Integrity and judiciousness
- Courtesy and understanding
- Objectivity and transparency
- Promptness and efficiency
We shall encourage and assist voluntary tax compliance
by our clients.
We expect you to be prompt and
reasonable in fulfilling your duty and legal obligations and
are true and honest in furnishing information to us.
- Acknowledge declaration, intimations, applications, returns
and all communications on the spot and in any case within
7 days of their receipt.
- Respond to all communication within 15 working days of its
- Settle any disputes relating to declarations or assessments
within 10 working days of receipt of your written or oral
- Refund amounts due to you within 30 working days of receiving
a valid claim.
- Pay any duty drawback due to you
within 48 hours of the export of the goods in case of electronic
declarations and 15 days in case of paper declarations.
- Release, where your declaration relating to any consignment
is complete and correct.
- In case of exports, within 8 hours of filing an electronic
declaration or within 24 hours of filing a paper declaration.
- In case of imports, within 24 hours
of filing an electronic declaration or within 72 hours of
filing a paper declaration.
- Complete excise registration formalities within 48 hours of
receiving your application.
- Return to you the input duty documents on which MODVAT credit
has been availed of within 7 days of your submission.
- Complete examination and clearance of your export consignment
at your factory premises, whenever you seek such a facility,
within 8 hours of receiving intimation.
- Give you 15 days advance intimation
before we undertake audit of your records.
In case of likely or inevitable delay in decision-making or
when an issue is disputed, we shall promptly communicate the
reasons on our own initiative.